Thursday, March 10, 2011

HARASSMENT in HUNTER College



On Thursday February 24th at 5:20 PM I was walking around the school taking pictures with my camera for a class project and as I was leaving the college on the west building I decided to take a picture of the entrance of the college with the relatively new turn styles.

This did not sit well with the security guard.  He left his post and came running towards me saying "You can't take a picture, I want your camera, I want your picture".  He did not ask me if I was a student or anything like that just keep on telling me that he wanted my camera because I took a picture of the turn styles as he was standing along side.

I told him he can not get the picture or the camera and I can take a picture.  It is at this point he asked for back-up and 4-5 more officers came running to the west side entrance and surrounded me.  They were all agitated and they were all  like whats going on whats going!  I told them this guy thinks he can get my camera.  It is t at this point...4-5 minutes into this somebody asked for my school ID.  Upon realizing I am a student they started to change their tone and call it a simple misunderstanding.

This is not the 1st time I was harrased by the security.  At the very same location similar things happened to me and my group while we are filming for a video production class.

So yeah.. HARASSMENT continues in Hunter college.

and here are some other pictures I took


Stairs and posts

No comments:

Post a Comment